Live in the same house 20 years and you can expect to replace your shingle roof at least once during that time period. Stay longer, and you likely will replace it a second time. Those who want to avoid this hassle and expense are turning to metal roofing for their homes and businesses.
Metal roofs have long been a staple in southern climates, where extreme heat and extreme weather can take a toll on asphalt shingles. Elsewhere, however, shingles have been the roofing material of choice, for several reasons.
- Variety in color and style allowed for customization.
- Insulation and sound dampening have been considered superior.
- Cost for materials and installation is less for shingles than metal.
It’s time to reconsider and look at metal roofing for your home or business!
Metal roofing has come a long way and today there are even more reasons to choose metal over asphalt shingles.
- Today’s options in metal roofing come in a variety of styles and colors that make them an attractive choice for your home or office.
- Modern metal roofs are insulated to hold heat in the winter and repel it in the summer. And they dampen noise as well as a shingle roof.
- Metal roofs are a great green alternative because the materials are almost exclusively recycled and last twice as long as a shingle roof. That’s great for our landfills, our environment and your pocketbook.
But what about the cost of a metal roof? In the greater Akron area contractors and homeowners are turning to Brightside Metals, where all the materials for your metal roof are manufactured in-house, keeping the cost at about the same level as a shingle roof. All ribbed panel roofing and accessories are comprised of 29-gauge steel and are custom cut on computerized equipment for superior quality and accuracy.
Your metal roof from Brightside Metals may be qualified for Energy Star tax credits, and its lifespan is 40 years or more. The threat of storm damage is greatly reduced, and most people find their heating and cooling costs decrease as well.
Consider a metal roof from the local metal roofing manufacturer in Akron, Ohio. Contact Brightside Metals or click here for more information about how a metal roof in Akron can be the best choice for your home or office.